Handy Day-to-Day Values

Woke up late. Traffic. Bad hair day. That irritating jeepney or taxi driver. Late at work. Work backlogs. 

These things can make your day like hell but you have a choice if you want to get it to you or see things in a positive way. I just want to share these handy day-to-day values that can either make or break your day. After a long vacation leave by my service head, I got a lot of work backlogs because I assisted our manager in branch operations and that left all of my paperworks not checked, not filed and untouched. I wanted to burn all those papers for callback (double checks transaction slips) and for filing but of course I couldn't do that. I had my tantrum days but I made sure that it didn't spoil my DAY. Sometimes all you need is a deep breath, close your eyes and gather your thoughts. Listing your work backlogs also helps. In my case, it motivates me because I just couldn't wait to put an X mark on all those things on my to-do list. These values that I'm about to blog about are results of my observations and SOME are pointed at me too. Tee Hee!

Now looking at all your work backlogs, the first thing some people would do is COMPLAIN. Complaining really doesn't help. It only worsens the situation and adds to your frustration of not doing things on time. It could also send some NEGATIVE energy to your workmates. Complaining only strengthens things on what you are complaining about. 

In an office environment, it's not like you are the only one who is busy. You're wrong. Be CONSIDERATE to your office mates. If you think your bubble is about to BURST, STOP AND THINK! You just can't throw tantrums just because you want to. Practice self-control because it is really IRRITATING to work if you have negative energy around the work place. The world doesn't revolve around you. If you really have a strong heart and mind that no matter what negative energy that is around you, you can always IGNORE your cranky office mate. 

After all these, the only thing that is most powerful is POSITIVITY. This really works for me. If your thinking "Yes I'm positive that I could finish my work...BUT..." , THEN YOU ARE NOT BEING AN OPTIMIST. You are still being a PESSIMIST. All you gotta do is BE FIRM that you could finish all your task and you won't notice that all the things on your to-do list are almost done. =) 

One more thing, LEAVE YOUR EXCESS BAGGAGE AT HOME!

I hope this little blog entry made an impact. =) Cheers to positivity! Have a great day ahead! =)

-Jen


5 Thoughts:

Rose said...

true! there're nothing more annoying than an officemate who's always cranky. makatakod man gud ang bad mood.

jocris said...

negativity is really sooo lakas makahawa,so be Positive talaga dapat. say no to NEGA.

sbellast said...

It is difficult to work with annoying people

sbellast said...

It is difficult to work with annoying people

Angel said...

i agree! stay positive sis!

xoxo,
http://invisiblestilettos.blogspot.com/